The Victron SmartShunt 500A/50V is an all in one battery monitor, only without a display. Your phone acts as the display. The SmartShunt connects via Bluetooth to the VictronConnect App on your phone (or tablet) and you can conveniently read out all monitored battery parameters, like state of charge, time to go, historical information and much more.
Alternatively the SmartShunt can be connected and be read by a GX device. Connection to the SmartShunt is made via a VE.Direct cable.
The SmartShunt is a good alternative for a BMV battery monitor, especially for systems where battery monitoring is needed but less wiring and clutter is wanted.
The SmartShunt is equipped with Bluetooth, a VE.Direct port and a connection that can be used for: monitoring a second battery, midpoint monitoring or a temperature sensor.
Solar 'N' Sat have a dedicated team of professional technicians with 13+ years in the industry!
Monitored Battery Parameters include:
- Battery State-of-Charge (SoC)
- Voltage of up to 2 batteries
- Current Load
- Time to go
- Extensive historical information
- ... and much more
Auxilary Input Options: The SmartShunt can do more than comprehensively monitor your main battery bank - additionally you can choose to either:
- Monitor the voltage of a second battery, for exmaple the starter battery or;
- Connect a temperature sensor (optional accessory) for temperature compensated charging or;
- Monitor the midpoint voltage of your battery bank (cable included) to keep an eye on battery health.
- Connection to any Victron GX Device: The SmartShunt also features a VE.Direct port so can also be connected to any device in the GX range including the Colour Controller and Cerbo GX via a VE.Direct cable.
SMART SHUNT 500A
Supply Voltage Range: 6,5-70 VDC
Current Draw: <1mA
Input Voltage Range, Auxiliary Battery: 6,5 – 70 VDC
Battery Capacity (Ah): 1-9999 Ah
Operating Temperature Range: -40 +50°C (-40 - 120°F)
Measures Voltage of Second Battery, or Temperatures, or Midpoint: yes
Temperature Measurement Range: -20 +50°C
VE.Direct Communication Port: yes
RESOLUTION & ACCURACY
Amp Hours: ±0,1Ah
State of Charge (0-100%): ±0,1%
Time to Go: ±1 min
Temperature (0-50°C or 30 - 120°F): ±1°C/°F
Accuracy of Current Measurement: ±0,4%
Accuracy of Voltage Measurement: ±0,3%
INSTALLATION & DIMENSIONS
Installation: Flush Mount
Front: 63mm diameter
Front Bezel: 69 x 69mm (2.7 x 2.7 inch)
Body Diameter: 52mm (2.0 inch)
Body Depth: 31mm (1.2 inch)
Safety: EN 60335-1
Emission/Immunity: EN 55014-1/EN 55014-2
Automotive: ECR R10-4/EN 50498
Shunt (Included): 500A/50mV
Cables (Included): 10 meter 6 core UTP with RJ12 connectors, and cable with fuse for ‘+’ connection
Temperature Sensor: Optional (ASS000100000)