The Victron Orion-Tr Smart 12/12-18A 220W Charger is a professional DC to DC adaptive 3-stage charger with built-in Bluetooth.
For use in dual battery systems in vehicles or on boats where the (smart) alternator and the start battery are used to charge the service battery. The unit can be monitored and programmed via Bluetooth and can be remotely controlled via a remote on/off switch and has an engine running detection mechanism.
The Orion Tr-Smart charger can be used in 12V or 24V systems and is suitable for both lead acid and lithium batteries. Models are available up to 400W and unlimited multiple units can be connected in parallel to increase output power.
Suitable for high temperatures up to 55°C with a full rated output up to 40°C.
Solar 'N' Sat have a dedicated team of professional technicians with 13+ years in the industry!
- Bluetooth Smart Built-In: Any Bluetooth enabled Apple or Android smart phone, tablet or other device can be used to monitor, change settings and to update the charger when new software features become available via the VictronConnect App.
- Smart Alternator Compatibility: Vehicle manufacturers are now introducing smart ECU (Engine Control Unit) controlled alternators to increase fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. Smart alternators deliver a variable output voltage and are shut down when they’re not needed. The converter has a engine running detection mechanism. This prevents the converter from discharging the starter battery when the alternator does not supply power. The Orion-Tr Smart Isolated DC-DC charger separates the starter battery from the service battery when the engine is not running.
- Adaptive 3-stage charge algorithm: Bulk - Absorption - Float
- Bulk - During this stage the controller delivers as much charge current as possible to rapidly recharge the batteries.
- Absorption - When the battery voltage reaches the absorption voltage setting, the controller switches to constant voltage mode. For lead acid batteries it is important that during shallow discharges the absorption time is kept short in order to prevent overcharging of the battery. After a deep discharge the absorption time is automatically increased to make sure that the battery is completely recharged. For lithium batteries absorption time is fixed, default 2 hours. The fixed or adaptive mode can be chosen on the battery settings.
- Float - During this stage, float voltage is applied to the battery to maintain it in a fully charged state. When the battery voltage drops substantially below this level, due to a high load for example, during at least 1 minute, a new charge cycle will be triggered.
- Flexible Charge Algorithm: Programmable charge algorithm, and eight pre-programmed battery settings are configurable within the VictronConnect app.
- Remote On-Off: Use the remote function to enable and disable the converter remotely with the remote on/off connector or using the VictronConnect app. Typical use cases include a user operated hard wired switch and automatic control by for example a Battery Management System
- Electronic Protection: Over-temperature protection and power derating when temperature is high. Overload protected. Short circuit protected. Connector over-temperature protection.
- Can be Paralleled to increase output current: An unlimited number of units can be connected in parallel to increase charging amps.
Under Voltage Shut Down: 7V
Under Voltage Restart: 7,5V
Nominal Output Voltage: 12,2V
Output Voltage Adjust Range: 12-15V
Output Voltage Tolerance: +/-0,2V
Output Noise: 2mVrms
Cont. Output Current at Nominal Output Voltage and 40ºC: 18A
Maximum Output Current (10s) at Nominal Output Voltage: 25A
Short Circuit Output Current: 40A
Cont. Output Power at 25ºC: 280W
Cont. Output Power at 40ºC: 220W
No Load Input Current: <80mA
Standby Current: Less than 1mA
Galvanic Isolation: 200V dc between input, output and case
Operating Temperature Range: -20 to +55ºC (derate 3% /ºC above 40ºC
Humidity: Max. 95% non-condensing
DC Connection: screw terminals
Maximum Cable Cross-Section: 16mm² AWG6
Dimensions (H x W x D): 130 x 186 x 70mm
Safety Standards: EN 60950
Emission Standards: EN 61000-6-3, EN 55014-1
Immunity Standards: EN 61000-6-2, EN 61000-6-1, EN 55014-2
Automotive Directive Standards: ECE R10-5