The Victron MultiPlus 12/3000-120 Inverter/Charger, as the name suggests, is a combined inverter and charger in one elegant package.
Its many features include a true sine wave inverter, adaptive charging, hybrid PowerAssist technology, plus multiple system integration features.
Solar 'N' Sat have a dedicated team of professional technicians with 13+ years in the industry!
- Two AC Outputs: The main output has no break functionality. The MultiPlus takes over the supply to the connected loads in the event of a grid failure or when shore/generator power is disconnected. This happens so fast (less than 20 milliseconds) that computers and other electronic equipment will continue to operate without disruption. The second output is live only when AC is available on the input of the MultiPlus. Loads that should not discharge the battery, like a water heater for example can be connected to this output (second output available on models rated at 3 kVA and more).
- Virtually Unlimited Power Thanks to Parallel Operation: Up to 6 Multi's can operate in parallel to achieve higher power output.
- Three Phase Capability: In addition to parallel connection, three units of the same model can be configured for three phase output. But that’s not all: up to 6 sets of three units can be parallel connected for a 75 kW / 90 kVA inverter and more than 2000 Amps charging capacity.
- PowerControl - Dealing with Limited Generator, Shore Side or Grid Power: The MultiPlus is a very powerful battery charger. It will therefore draw a lot of current from the generator or shore side supply (nearly 10 A per 5 kVA Multi at 230 VAC). With the Multi Control Panel a maximum generator or shore current can be set. The MultiPlus will then take account of other AC loads and use whatever is extra for charging, thus preventing the generator or shore supply from being overloaded.
- PowerAssist - Boosting the Capacity of Shore or Generator Power: This feature takes the principle of PowerControl to a further dimension. It allows the MultiPlus to supplement the capacity of the alternative source. Where peak power is so often required only for a limited period, the MultiPlus will make sure that insufficient shore or generator power is immediately compensated for by power from the battery. When the load reduces, the spare power is used to recharge the battery.
- Solar Energy: AC Power Available Even During a Grid Failure: The MultiPlus can be used in off grid as well as grid connected PV and other alternative energy systems. Loss of mains detection software is available.
- System Configuring:
- In case of a stand-alone application, if settings have to be changed, this can be done in a matter of minutes with a DIP switch setting procedure.
- Parallel and three phase applications can be configured with VE.Bus Quick Configure and VE.Bus System Configurator software.
- Off grid, grid interactive and self-consumption applications, involving grid-tie inverters and/or MPPT Solar Chargers can be configured with Assistants (dedicated software for specific applications).
- On-Site Monitoring and Control: Several options are available: Battery Monitor, Multi Control Panel, Color Control GX or other GX devices, smartphone or tablet (Bluetooth Smart), laptop or computer (USB or RS232).
- Remote Monitoring and Control: Color Control GX or other GX devices. Data can be stored and displayed on our VRM (Victron Remote Management) website, free of charge.
- Remote Configuring: When connected to the Ethernet, systems with a Color Control GX or other GX device can be accessed and settings can be changed remotely.
Transfer Switch (A): 50
Input Voltage Range (V DC): 9.5-17V, 19 - 33V, 38 - 66V
Output Voltage: 230VAC±2%
Cont. Output Power at 25°C (VA): 3000
Cont. Output Power at 25°C (W): 2400
Cont. Output Power at 40°C (W): 2200
Cont. Output Power at 65°C (W): 1700
Peak Power (W): 6000
Maximum Efficiency (%): 93
Zero Load Power (W): 20
Zero Load Power in AES Mode (W): 15
Zero Load Power in Search Mode (W): 8
Input Voltage Range: 187-265 VAC
Input Frequency: 45-65Hz
Power Factor: 1
Charge Voltage ‘absorption’ (V DC): 14.4
Charge Volatage ‘float’ (V DC): 13.8
Storage Mode (V DC): 13.2
Charge Current House Battery (A): 120
Charge Current Starter Battery (A): 4
Battery Temperature: Yes
Auxillory Output: Yes (16A)
Programmable Relay: Yes (x 3)
Protection: a - g
VE.Bus Communication Port: For parallel and three phase operation, remote monitoring and system integration
General Purpose Com. Port: Yes (x 2)
Remote On-Off: Yes
Operating temp. range: -40 - +65°C (fan assisted cooling)
Humidity (non-condensing): max 95%
Material & Colour: aluminium (blue RAL 5012)
Protection Category: IP 21
Battery Connection: M8 bolts (2 plus and 2 minus connections)
120 V AC Connection: Screw terminal 6 AWG (13mm²)
Dimensions: (h x w x d): 362 x 258 x 218mm
Safety: EN-IEC 60335-1, EN-IEC 60335-2-29, IEC 62109-1
Emission and Immunity: EN 55014-1, EN 55014-2, EN-IEC 61000-3-2, EN-IEC 61000-3-3, IEC 61000-6-1, IEC 61000-6-2, IEC 61000-6-3
Road Vehicles: 12V and 24V models - ECE R10-4