Victron Cyrix-i Dual Battery Combiner Kit
This Battery Combiner Kit is for adding a 2nd or 3rd battery system in your car, boat, RV or any other vehicle. It utilizes the simplest and most advanced technology to keep all your batteries charged using the engine’s electrical system, but isolates the starting battery when charging ceases so you never get stranded.
- The Cyrix can only be used in 12V or 24V installations with a negative common.
- Disconnect the minus of both batteries.
- Place the Cyrix closest to the smallest battery (in general the starter battery). Mount on a dry surface and keep away from hot items.
- Prepare cabling: - Cut red 10mm² battery cables to required length to reach each battery point and crimp or solder lugs onto the cables. - Similarly prepare the black 10mm² cable to connect the minus of the new battery to the negative common.
- Use the red cables to connect the plus of the batteries to the brass bolts of the Cyrix, marked with no 30 resp. 87. Install a fuse in series where possible (see fig). The fuse(s) should be sized in accordance with the wire cross section used, but not exceed 120A.
- Connect the minus of the Cyrix (86) to the negative common with the small black 1,5mm² cable.
- An emergency start push button can be wired to the “start assist” connection (85) if required. The relay will engage during 30 seconds after “start assist” has been momentarily connected to the battery plus. Alternatively, a parallel connect switch can be used to engage the relay as long as the switch remains closed.
- Reconnect the minus of both batteries. The system is now ready for use.
SpecificationsModel: Cyrix-i 12/24-120
Continuous Current: 120A
Maximum Alternator Rating: 150A
Auto Ranging: 12/24 Volt
Connect Voltage (delay appr. 10 minutes): 13V / 26V
Connect Voltage (delay appr. 4 seconds): 13,8V / 27,6V
Disconnect Voltage (delay appr. 10 minutes): 12,8V / 25,6V
Disconnect Voltage (delay appr. 4 seconds): 11,8V / 23,6V
Over Voltage Disconnect: 16V / 32V
Current Consumption When Open: <4 mA