A solar charger gathers energy from your solar panels, and stores it in your batteries. Using the latest, fastest technology, Smartsolar MPPT 75/10 Regulator maximises this energy-harvest, driving it intelligently to achieve full charge in the shortest possible time. The Smartsolar MPPT 75/10 Regulator maintains battery health, extending its life.
Distributed by Australian Company Solar 'N' Sat who have a dedicated team of professional technicians with 13+ years in the industry!
- Bluetooth Smart Built-In: The wireless solution to set-up, monitor, update and synchronise SmartSolar Charge Controllers.
- VE.Direct: For a wired data connection to a Color Control GX, other GX products, PC or other devices
- Ultra-Fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT): Especially in case of a clouded sky, when light intensity is changing continuously, an ultra-fast MPPT controller will improve energy harvest by up to 30% compared to PWM charge controllers and by up to 10% compared to slower MPPT controllers.
- Load Output: Over-discharge of the battery can be prevented by connecting all loads to the load output. The load output will disconnect the load when the battery has been discharged to a pre-set voltage (48V model: interface with a relay). Alternatively, an intelligent battery management algorithm can be chosen: see Battery Life.
- Battery Life - Intelligent Battery Management: When a solar charge controller is not able to recharge the battery to its full capacity within one day, the result is often that the battery will continually be cycled between a ‘partially charged’ state and the ‘end of discharge’ state. This mode of operation (no regular full recharge) will destroy a lead-acid battery within weeks or months. The Battery Life algorithm will monitor the state of charge of the battery and, if needed, day by day slightly increase the load disconnect level (i.e. disconnect the load earlier) until the harvested solar energy is sufficient to recharge the battery to nearly the full 100%. From that point onwards, the load disconnect level will be modulated so that a nearly 100% recharge is achieved about once every week.
- Programmable Battery Charge Algorithm
- Day/Night Timing and Light Dimming Option
- Internal Temperature Sensor: Compensates absorption and float charge voltage for temperature.
- Optional External Battery Voltage and Temperature Sensing via Bluetooth: A Smart Battery Sense or a BMV-712 Smart Battery Monitor can be used to communicate battery voltage and temperature to one or more SmartSolar Charge Controllers.
GENERALBattery Voltage (auto select): 12 / 24V
Rated Charge Current: 10A
Nominal PV Power, 12V (1a,b): 145W
Nominal PV Power, 24V (1a,b): 290W
Nominal PV Power, 48V (1a,b): N/A
Max. PV Short Circuit Current (2): 13A
Automatic Load Disconnect: Yes
Max. PV Open Circuit Voltage: 75V
Peak Efficiency: 98%
Self-Consumption: 12V: 25 mA 24V: 15 mA
Charge Voltage 'absorption': 14.4V / 28.8V (adjustable)
Charge Voltage 'float': 13.8V / 27.6V (adjustable)
Charge Algorithm: multi-stage adaptive
Temperature Compensation: -16 mV / °C resp. -32 mV / °C
Max Continuous Load Current: 15A
Low Voltage Load Disconnect: 11.1V / 22.2V / 44.4V or 11.8V / 23.6V / 47.2V or Battery Life algorithm
Low Voltage Load Reconnect: 13.1V / 26.2V / 52.4V or 14V / 28V / 56V or Battery Life algorithm
Protection: Output short circuit / Over temperature
Operating Temperature: -30 to +60°C (full rated output up to 40°C)
Humidity: 95%, non-condensing
Data Communication Port: VE.Direct
Colour: Blue (RAL 5012)
Power Terminals: 6 mm² / AWG10
Battery Terminals: 35mm² / AWG2
Protection Category: IP43 (electronic components), IP22 (connection area)
Dimensions: (h x w x d) 100 x 113 x 40mm
Safety: EN/IEC 62109-1, UL 1741, CSA C22.2
(1b): The PV voltage must exceed Vbat + 5V for the controller to start. Thereafter the minimum PV voltage is Vbat + 1V
(2): A PV array with a higher short circuit current may damage the controller.